Tax Intern Preparer – Job Description
Rhodes Osiek Patyk & Company has been providing accounting, tax, audit, and business consulting services since 1979. We have over 35 years of experience helping clients with their business and personal needs.
We are seeking a college student available to work 20-30 hours a week to join our team during the upcoming tax season. The tax intern preparer will be responsible for reviewing client materials, preparing tax returns, and raising issues to Partners and Managers in the office. The ideal candidate will be a current accounting or finance student with a foundational understanding of accounting concepts, interested in learning about and gaining experience in individual, corporate and partnership tax returns.
The Tax Intern Preparer is responsible for preparing tax returns and other year end forms such as 1099s & W2s/W3s. This position is available between January and April of 2019 to provide supplemental support to our office staff.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of primary responsibilities and experience:
- Reviewing client submitted materials (W2, 1099, 1098, Charitable Donations, etc.) and identifying items relevant to the client’s tax return
- Entering data and preparing tax returns in the tax software
- Preliminary review of tax returns for anomalies and/or missing information
- Familiarity with concepts of federal taxation
- Communicate and work with other team members in the office to resolve issues, research transactions, and answer questions